DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Carpentry (
-   -   What is the best type of door stop for front entry door? (

KUIPORNG 06-29-2007 10:24 AM

What is the best type of door stop for front entry door?
Our builder cheap door stop doesn't work, leaving a big hole in the drywall by the door knob....

now I am finally have time to fix the hole... but need to the shop for a better quality door stop... can you recommend me a good type...

the cheap one I used to have is those bouncy stick one where you put at the lower part of the drywall to stop the door from hitting it....

thank you

Jeekinz 06-29-2007 10:39 AM

You need a metal one screwed to the floor or base moulding, OR one that mounts on the hinge pin.

KUIPORNG 06-29-2007 11:39 AM

Just got one screwed to the floor from HD.... thanks

Jeekinz 06-29-2007 02:25 PM

I like these, but if you have kids throwing the door open, your better off with what you bought.

KUIPORNG 06-29-2007 03:07 PM

thanks, I like that as well
as I am kind of prefer not to drill hole on the tiles and this type also seems most space saving... can I install two one up and one down to give double strength?

or where to install this normally, up or down or doesn't matter...?

glad HD allow refund...

space_coyote 06-29-2007 04:23 PM

A word of warning on those hinge-pin stops... while they do work, (on almost every door in my house) if you have people who REALLY slam your doors open, and have cheapo-hollow-core-doors (like my house), the rubber stopper can eventually go through the door.

And, for what it's worth, they're on the top hinge in my house.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1