DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Carpentry (
-   -   Wallboard (

Lennis 09-26-2011 11:25 AM

The house we are renting, had wall board installed to finish attic. They didn't mud just laid the wallboard joint taped. We used it as storage and coming thru stairway to low head room caused gashes to the wallboard. How do you fix wholes, and gashes etc. to wallboard? Also the seamed areas the joint tape is warped and cracked, just rip and replace? No money to hire a pro so any help :thumbup:

Gymschu 09-27-2011 01:36 PM

Yeah, just rip out the old tape...........if you go to mud over it, you will find yourself very frustrated with bubbles, etc. As for holes and gashes, just use a 4-inch drywall blade, load it up with some joint compound (you won't need much) and skim over the holes at a 45 degree angle so the mud fills the holes. Allow to dry, then apply another coat or two as necessary. Sand, prime, and paint.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1