Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #1

Share |

small area of rotten wood on deck

On one corner of the surface of my deck, where there is a small column standing on it, the wood is soft. In total, the soft area is something like 3in x 3 in. I am not planning to redo the deck yet, and would like to fix the little area for now.

What method and what product should I use for this?

Thanks in advance.
hohadcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #2

small area of rotten wood on deck

A picture of this and one of the deck would be helpful if possible, but based on what you've posted i would say the only good way to replace this would be to replace that one piece of decking. But if your planning on replacing the deck within a year or so i would wait until you rebuild the deck to fix this problem since the decking material isnt really a structural part of it. I could be way off on this and if i am dont worry someone will correct me, but i think a couple pictures would get you a more accurate response
912jake is offline   Reply With Quote