DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Carpentry (
-   -   Reparing wood (

handbanana 03-16-2007 10:20 AM

Reparing wood
I have this pieace wood that has old layers of paint and many holes, dents and sctraches.

I'm thinking of getting a paint stripper to disolve the old paint, then fill the holes with somekind of wood patching agent(any suggestions?), sand it with 100 grit sanding paper. Then prime and paint.

Are these the right steps? Please adivse.

AtlanticWBConst. 03-16-2007 12:53 PM


Try posting this in the 'painting forum', you might find some experienced answers there...

ConstantChange 03-16-2007 02:47 PM

Yes, those are the correct steps. Use a wood filler that is the same as the wood your working with (Cherry wood filler for cherry, oak for oak, etc...)

Where is the piece located?

If you're wanting a smooth look and not a distressed look, it might be easier to just replace the piece and prime and paint it.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.