DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Carpentry (
-   -   Repairing Vinyl Trim (

kennykenny 09-12-2011 08:36 PM

Repairing Vinyl Trim
I need to repair/replace one side of vinyl wrap around one of my windows. The wrap is on top of a 2by. The question is, where can I go to get this type of product in small quantities? Or can I purchase it in small quantities? Can I get it at Home Depot/Lowes etc? If so, what is it called? Thanks!

kwikfishron 09-13-2011 04:43 AM

199 Attachment(s)
Are you sure the wrap isn’t PVC coated aluminum? The aluminum comes in a 2’ x 50’ roll and the pieces for the wrap are custom bent on site. You’ll need access to a siding brake to make the repairs.

rossfingal 09-13-2011 06:22 AM

It could be what's called a "Lineal".
Google "Certainteed" - siding - vinyl - trim.
You'll probably have to look for a siding dist. house in your area -
I don't think I've ever seen them at a Big Box store.
Odds are: it's more likely, it's what "kwikfishron" stated -
PVC coated aluminum.
They're repairable - but a "Pain - ITB"! :)
If it is PVC coated aluminum - some of that is available at the Big Box stores.


kennykenny 09-13-2011 10:47 AM

I'll post a picture later today to help you see what I am talking about. Thanks!

kennykenny 09-24-2011 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A picture of a similar window. I don"t know if this helps or not. Thanks!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1