Railroad Tie Retaining Wall - Long Wall Adjacent To Driveway - Carpentry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Railroad Tie Retaining Wall - long wall adjacent to driveway

I recently purchased a home in Charlotte, NC and love it. Its in a neighborhood that was built in the early 80s... ranch style homes primarily. The lots are fairly wooded, and the contractor used a lot of railroad tie walls in the neighborhood. A lot of my neighbors seem to have transitioned to keystone wall systems or something similar. My wall is getting worn looking in some areas, and will need to be replaced in a couple of years.

I was wondering if anyone could let me know the type of budget I may need for a keystone or railroad tie wall that is about 100 feet in length and increases from 2 ft to 5 ft in height at the max. This wall is still quite strong, but I will need to replace once I can establish a feasible budget.

Any help with this topic will be truly appreciated. Thanks.

wauf
Attached Thumbnails
Railroad Tie Retaining Wall - long wall adjacent to driveway-img_0156.jpg   Railroad Tie Retaining Wall - long wall adjacent to driveway-picture-048.jpg  

Advertisement

wauf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpentry , landscaping , railroad ties , retaining wall , wall