[@Master of Cold] I did some looking around the area and found a few staples that would let me shift the cables a bit. I think it will probably work out ok.
[@Ron6519] I think with the staples removed I have them re-routed well enough. I had thought about cutting them and adding a junction box there which would allow me to run a short cable up and add a light above the attic access. Decided for now a flashlight will probably do. Thanks for the suggestions though.
Because pictures are cool:
I added one square of plywood right by the entrance yesterday. I was able to just slide it under the cables that were there when I added it. One of the cables I already re-routed around to the other side of the access, the other I believe I can move toward the back.
I want to add a second piece to the side. I believe if I remove/move a staple I can re-route the one wire that still goes across along the green route. It would run then under the plywood and up by the edge then across along the back. I plan to add a couple 2x4 pieces where the yellow highlights are to help support the plywood. I believe I can make a couple notches along the top edge of the board to allow the two cables to pass through under the plywood.
The only remaining problem cable is the phone line. I may just cut that since the jack is not in use, and probably wont be.
Probably finish this up tomorrow evening. Thanks all, if anyone has any other suggestions or sees any issues with my idea let me know!