Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Outdoor Pergola with suntuff covering

I have just built a 24x14 ft pergola and covered it with suntuff poly covering. The trouble i'm haveing is there is not enough of an angle for the water to run off of it. The posts have already been painted over so there is no easy way for me to remove them and make an angle, does anyone have any other thoughts? Also the covering is sagging in the middle, should i run a series of 2x4s down the center or does anyone have any other ideas?
clodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
morningwood

Outdoor Pergola with suntuff covering

I assume the cover is sagging due to the fact the water sits on it. If you can slope it so it runs off, that problem may be solved.

Not sure how much slope you have now, but if you dont have much slope now, you may boit be able to add enough wood to the one side on the top to make it work and look decent.

can you lower the beams on one side to lower one end of the pergola to get the slope?

Not sure where you are from, but up here in Canada I was told as soon as you add a roof to a pergola it is considered like a covered deck and you need pilings under it...not sure if you have that or need it, but might want to check into it......taking roof off and getting an umbrella maybe the cheapest route if you dont have pilings but ended up needing them
rahfiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, outdoor, patio, pergole