New Question: Exterior Door Seal Problem - Carpentry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

new question: Exterior door seal problem

Hey Bob, another newbie here, and a similar, but not identical situation, so relating to this thread:

I think they are Thermatru; anyway, two prehung inswing insulated exterior doors on a each end of a breezeway, roughed in about 8 yrs ago to open on concrete slab floor in the b-way. We recently added subfloor (DriCore), and removed bottom sweep so as not to interfere with floor (+carpet soon to be installed). Want to convert oak threshold so IT is now the seal, not a sweep on the door bottom. Hard to taper the door bottom because of the vinyl clad door, and existing sill has been all finished in with aluminum clad, etc--a BIG job to replace the entire sill assembly. I was hoping to replace just the wood threshold with a sealing style of the same dimension (width is same as door thickness)--can't find. Alternatively, isn't there some sort of seal that would affix flatly to the threshold, then has a sealing tube attached that the door closes up to, but collapses when you walk on it, or am I dreaming this into existence? What are the options--Thx

Advertisement

tfstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

new question: Exterior door seal problem

I think Bob is in the john.
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote