Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
Cel

Rewards Points: 10
Need help with cabinets

We are the third owners of our home, and just recently we are dealing with an issure with our kitchen cabinets and don't know what to do. The kitchen cabinets appear to be coming apart at the seams. The back wall of the cabinet is screwed in to the wall is set very well, but due to the weight of the dishes we had in the cabinets, we have noticed some spacing around the seams. It slowly started to come apart and decided to remove all dishes before they all fell to the floor and caused major damage to the countertop and floor.

Could you please tell me how we go about in fixing this or do we need to purchase new ones? It would be a very expensive thing to do if we replaced them. I just need some advice on this. I always thought that kitchen cabinets lasted forever until you decided to change them out.

Cel

Cel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Need help with cabinets

I bet we can figure something out, but your description is too non-specific for me to determine exactly where the problem is. Could you please take some pictures and post them?

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote