Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

mobile home deck roof attaching

I recently built a deck off the front of my mobile home, its 16 x 9 and i want to put a roof over it. I am planning a 18 x 10 frame with 2 x 6 and plywood. plus shingles. My main concern is, attaching it to the mobile home, how is the best way to do that? and are screws good enough to secure the 2 x 6's? thanks.

wyomingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingguy View Post
I recently built a deck off the front of my mobile home, its 16 x 9 and i want to put a roof over it. I am planning a 18 x 10 frame with 2 x 6 and plywood. plus shingles. My main concern is, attaching it to the mobile home, how is the best way to do that? and are screws good enough to secure the 2 x 6's? thanks.
I'd check with the homes manufacturer before I attached a structure to it, especially a roof.
How much snow do you get there?
If the manufacturer nixes the roof attachment, you can always make it free standing with the proper supports and bracing.

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

I did a couple some years ago and decided to go with free standing and put a floating flashing attached to the trailer under the manufacturers top trim
mrgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingguy View Post
i recently built a deck off the front of my mobile home, its 16 x 9 and i want to put a roof over it. I am planning a 18 x 10 frame with 2 x 6 and plywood. Plus shingles. My main concern is, attaching it to the mobile home, how is the best way to do that? And are screws good enough to secure the 2 x 6's? Thanks.
hi,find out your rafter pattern on the mobil home and pre drill your holes for the lag screws(1/2"x?) so the 2x6 or 2x8 will fasten easer and tighter to your roof.make sure your lags are long enough to secure it properly(don't forget the washers)you can do it'''
maverick34 is offline   Reply With Quote