DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Metal Fence Trim Suggestions?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  avandelay 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm in the process of building a fence and I am looking for a material, that's like this...

http://st.houzz.com/simgs/5ef11b9901159015_4-7644/contemporary-fencing.jpg

Ideally they would be totally flat 4" wide pieces (6' to 8') in length. I would screw them into vertical fence posts.

The closest thing I've found at Home Depot has been galvanized steel sheets which are flat but only come in square dimensions (1' by 2', 2' x 2', etc) I also found rolls of steel with a satisfactory width, but I'm concerned about unrolling, applying, it and it looking like paper, and not a flat piece of clean metal.

Some considerations regarding the metal, it will be outdoors, directly attached to treated wood, possibly soil (some at the bottom), I live in southern CA, so it's not too wet or cold.

Any other materials, you could recommend that would accomplish a similar look? I would prefer not to use a different kind of wood (to keep consistent with a modern look)

Thanks for all your help!

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The metal in the picture looks like custom bent stainless steel.

The thin horizontal pieces look like 1/4” x 1 1/2” channel. You may find the channel off the shelf but the post wraps and the cap would have to be bent by a sheet metal shop (or someone with a large brake).

A siding break won't bend that stainless steel stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.