DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

making a triangle work surface on an downward sloping tringle

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  del schisler 
#1 ·
i know this sounds a bit weird.....i need to make a triangle worksurface out of wood, but the catch is that it is on a downward sloping triangular wall....please help? how do i cut the wood so that one side is vertical to the floor while the top is parallel and yet the bottom follows the slope....and then join eveything at the tip of the triangle....

any help? thanks

#2 · (Edited)
i know this sounds a bit weird.....i need to make a triangle worksurface out of wood, but the catch is that it is on a downward sloping triangular wall....please help? how do i cut the wood so that one side is vertical to the floor while the top is parallel and yet the bottom follows the slope....and then join eveything at the tip of the triangle....

any help? thanks
you have to find the angle at the botton so when you cut it off it will set at that angle and the top will be at a flat angle. so the top will set flat on the plate at the top. If i follow you right. You can take a board and a level and put the level on the side of the board so that it is level . This is on the standing up board . than put the other one you want to cut in frount and mark it . You will have the floor angle. Transfer it to the end of the board standing up so that the board isn't to short.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.