Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Making Room for larger Fridge

Bought an older house that had some tremendous cabinetry work done 35-40 years ago. The problem being, is that the kitchen cabinet on the wall and floor cabinet under the kitchen counter butt up flat against the partition that houses the fridge. All made around the small 30" wide opening for the small fridge. I had my cabinet guy come over and see if the cabinets can be modified (shortened) or have to be replaced. He said they could be modified so that the partition can be moved out to accommodate the standard 36" wide fridge with French doors. By the way, I'm replacing the counter myself while I'm at it. I haven't received his estimate yet, but I'm more than nervous to see it. For those of you with experience in this field, what should I expect to pay for such a job. It doesn't seem like that much work, but I haven't done woodworking before so I can't really say. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Mike

mikevoth is offline   Reply With Quote