Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Looking to replace the master vanity - best time to buy?

Hey everyone! First of all I found this forum today so I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Michael (or Mike, if you want)! I am a big weekend-warrior type but not a professional contractor or home improvement guy so please bear with me.

My master bathroom's cabinet is old and not very good-looking; rather than repairing it and making it look new I've decided to cut out a few steps and just buy a new one. I've found some cool ones online I'd like to try out but this leads me to my question:

Is there a "best time" to buy vanities, or really any bathroom furniture, to get the best deals? I figure most people decide to remodel their homes early in the year so prices are probably steepest there and you probably see the most "sold out" products. I wanted to ask the community if there is a "season" to buy cabinets and get a good low price? Or should I just hunt for deals all year round? I'd rather not do the latter as I've got other projects I'd really like to work on!

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to checking out this community more, I've already found some great tips and threads that will help me a lot with my projects!

-Michael

Michael.Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
DIY staff

There is no real 'bath remodeling season'----so no big fathers day specials are likely----

Buy what you want, based on your desires---a quality unit will last for a lot of years---so saving a few bucks today on a long term purchace might not be a great idea-

Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #3

If you plan on buying a vanity from a big box store, just wait for the sales. Around here they usually have big sales around May (aka tax return season). If you are going to buy your vanity from a custom cabinet builder, it depends on the timing of construction season in your area. The cabinet shops around here tend to be slow mid winter with orders picking up about 6 weeks or so after the builders start breaking ground. BTW, post your location in your profile.
chitownken is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chitownken For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (04-24-2013)

Tags
bathroom remodeling, buying, deals, seasons, vanities