Laundry Room Floor Plan - Carpentry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

laundry room floor plan

hi,
my laundryroom is in the far end of my unfinished basement. i would like to take a chance and get my husband to build a laundryroom. we have 3 walls around the aread where the laundry machine is, we need to build the 4th wall with a door and off course the whole process of drywall and other things that involves. is there a recommendation on how to start on this project and where i could find few drafts and layouts? my husband is not really good in putting his plans on the paper first so i got to come up with something for him. anyone with a great idea?

p.s. just above the laundry machine there is a power unit/box ( not sure with the name) that needs to be box around to hide it from the eye sight.

thanks.

mf

Advertisement

mashal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

laundry room floor plan

Sound like you just need a wall with a door. You don't need alot of planning with this. The door needs to be at least 30" wide to get the units in and out.
What sort of tools does he have and experience building a partition wall and finishing drywall?
Ron

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,038

laundry room floor plan

You will probably need a permit to be safe and for re-sale.

"p.s. just above the laundry machine there is a power unit/box ( not sure with the name) that needs to be box around to hide it from the eye sight. "--------

http://publicecodes.citation.com/ico..._34_sec005.htm

Gary
Old 06-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #4

laundry room floor plan

hi, he is good and still learning. he has few tools or he can borrow or rent tools if its required. the laundry units are in the basement where on the first floor a bay widow is located so its not totally 3 full wall but 5 walls all together. (3 large and 2 small as the shape of the bay window). this shape makes things hard for him to build the laundry room. any suggestions and pictures or links? i will attach few pics soon.

tnx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519 View Post
Sound like you just need a wall with a door. You don't need alot of planning with this. The door needs to be at least 30" wide to get the units in and out.
What sort of tools does he have and experience building a partition wall and finishing drywall?
Ron
Old 06-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

laundry room floor plan

Have you tried Google Sketchup? Its a free program with lots of online tutorials (including some great youtube videos). It's intuitive, fairly easy to use and allows you to make a true 3d model and adjust it as necessary.
Nick DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick DIY For This Useful Post:
mashal (06-29-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
Too Short? Cut it Again!

laundry room floor plan

I would hit the home improvement section of the library and grab a couple books on laundry rooms as a starter. Many will have floorplans.

For my own plans not requiring detailed CAD drawings, I love Sweet Home 3D. I have tried many others but this program beats them all hands down. It is an open source project with great add-on symbols libraries. It is free. Like Google Sketchup it does reasonable 3D representations too. It builds take off lists and even adds interior or exterior dimension lines if you want them.

http://www.sweethome3d.com

I too would recommend a permit now to keep things neat and clean for resale and especially if you are going to run any electrical or plumbing in the new wall.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to user1007 For This Useful Post:
mashal (06-29-2011)
Old 06-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #7

laundry room floor plan

It's a laundry room wall and door. You should be able to figure it out without a software program.
Mark the floor with a piece of chalk and figure out how much material you need.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron6519 For This Useful Post:
mashal (06-29-2011)
Old 06-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #8

laundry room floor plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519
It's a laundry room wall and door. You should be able to figure it out without a software program.
Mark the floor with a piece of chalk and figure out how much material you need.
Thanks

Advertisement