Kitchen Organization - Carpentry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

kitchen organization

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to start this thread, but here we go. The last episode of Ask this old house showed a drawer organizer that maximized a deep drawer as far as from top to bottom, not front to back. I searched everywhere online, but could really not find anything that was basically a sliding drawer, inside a drawer. From the looks of it in the show it looked to have had rails that mounted inside your drawer and you would have had to cut out the back of the drawer so that once the drawer was open, you could slid the top drawer back into the cabinet to access the depth from below...sorry so long, but is there anyway I might possibly be able to construct such a thing with piecing together items from my local home improvement store...thanks in advance

Advertisement

mferguson0414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

kitchen organization

These are pre-made drawer boxes. Expensive but nice.
http://www.kitchensource.com/drawer-...cc-cd03-21.htm
You can buy just the slides at sites like www.rockler.com and make the box yourself. I'm not sure of the exact one on ATOH, but I did see the episode and know what you are referring to.

Advertisement

jerryh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #3

kitchen organization

thankyou for the quick reply, after going through a couple threads here, I came across KV...so used my happy little friend Google..and came across this

http://www.knapeandvogt.com/Double-T...ls.191#details

this I believe is exactly what i'm looking for..but your suggestion is awesome too..good to know now that I have options
Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
Fixer of all things Broke

Rewards Points: 10
Send a message via AIM to LaHandyman

kitchen organization

Maybe a less expensive way to what you want to do is to build a tray and mount it in the draw using a set of side mount full existention draw guides. And mount them backwards so the tray slides to the rear of the draw. And as you mentioned, the rear of the draw will have to be cut out to allow the tray to move. The draw guides can be bought at any lumber/hardware store for under $20.00 a set.
LaHandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #5

kitchen organization

I guess I would need to get some more ideas about putting that tray together, 20 dollars is alot better than 100