Kitchen Cabinet Hinge - Carpentry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 256

Kitchen Cabinet Hinge

In the kitchen we have this tall cabinet with two doors that open out. No strip down the middle, the doors come very close when they close. Right now, they won't close, and I think it's due to the hinges. I have attached a pic of one of the hinges (kind of blurry, but hopefully it shows enough). It's like this rounded section of one of the sides of the hinge is supposed to fit in the hollowed out section of the other side...Yet if I try to match them up, they are so crooked that it's even worse!

What other hinges could I use? Or is there a way to adjust these, or are they not meant for this type of install?

Thank you!
Attached Images

Advertisement

dougp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Kitchen Cabinet Hinge

There looks to be printing on the hinge. See if there are replacement hinges available from the manufacturer.

Advertisement

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Kitchen Cabinet Hinge

The photo is a bit out of focus and I can not see a second screw but, If I recall correctly, next to the screw with the washer backing that holds the door portion of the hinge to the frame portion of the hinge, is a small screw that will move the door in and out (left and right as viewed from the front with the door closed), when you move the door in you must then retighten the larger screw. To move the door out you must loosen the larger screw. good luck.
TheCamper is offline   Reply With Quote