Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Newly Retired
 
tuchodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cariboo BC Canada
Posts: 119
Rewards Points: 75
Default

Jeld-Wen Pocket Door Frame


Home Depot sells the Jeld-Wen pocket door frame assy. They use a hardware made by COS which I have not been able to find any info on. The Home Depot rep said they went away from the Johnson hardware because of cost and the quality of the COS hardware is just as good. My question is has anyone had any issues with the Jeld-Wen assy good or bad.

tuchodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 3,118
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Jeld-Wen Pocket Door Frame


Not familiar with Jeld wen or COS. I have always used Johnson hardware because it is well made and works. I have never had to service one(26 yrs) once installed. And the 'made in' label says USA, worth the cost!!!. And I have little faith in what an HD person suggests.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ****off
Posts: 25
Rewards Points: 10
Default

Jeld-Wen Pocket Door Frame


Quote:
Originally Posted by tuchodi View Post
Home Depot sells the Jeld-Wen pocket door frame assy. They use a hardware made by COS which I have not been able to find any info on. The Home Depot rep said they went away from the Johnson hardware because of cost and the quality of the COS hardware is just as good. My question is has anyone had any issues with the Jeld-Wen assy good or bad.
Hello tuchodi, you can Special Order the Johnson products, check with you local store. We do carry Jeld-Wen products in the Chicago market stores, but not the Pocket Door frame, and I am also not familiar with the brand COS hardware.

Tangelo
Tangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
Newly Retired
 
tuchodi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cariboo BC Canada
Posts: 119
Rewards Points: 75
Default

Jeld-Wen Pocket Door Frame


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangelo View Post
Hello tuchodi, you can Special Order the Johnson products, check with you local store. We do carry Jeld-Wen products in the Chicago market stores, but not the Pocket Door frame, and I am also not familiar with the brand COS hardware.

Tangelo
Thanks, I will check with another worker at Home Depot and see if they can order the pocket door frame with the Johnson hardware.
tuchodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 3,118
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Jeld-Wen Pocket Door Frame


Check Johnsons website for vendors.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
old guy contractor
 
tcleve4911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maine on Little Sebago
Posts: 857
Rewards Points: 500
Default

Jeld-Wen Pocket Door Frame


Just go to a real lumber yard to get yourself a Johnson pocket door frame.
Most of the yards stock them.
Johnson is ,by far, the best there is.
tcleve4911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
the Musigician
 
DangerMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm right here!
Posts: 10,404
Rewards Points: 2,000
Default

Jeld-Wen Pocket Door Frame


Quote:
Originally Posted by tcleve4911 View Post
Just go to a real lumber yard to get yourself a Johnson pocket door frame.
Most of the yards stock them.
Johnson is, by far, the best there is.
Agreed.

DM

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Click here to see some of my original magic tricks and trick boxes!
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pocket Door in an Existing 2x3 Wall MrBill_DIY Carpentry 7 09-18-2010 12:15 PM
pocket door help samuel11 Building & Construction 7 08-19-2010 03:44 PM
Is a pocket jig the way to go? roxksears Carpentry 25 11-30-2009 06:27 PM
pocket hole joinery for cabinet doors? Jeremy Hillary Boob, PhD Carpentry 4 03-09-2009 06:26 PM
Considering Pocket Entry Door at top of stairs snsdiy Remodeling 6 01-06-2009 07:39 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.