DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Input needed on a digital protractor

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Willie T 
#1 ·
Hi, my name is Matt, im currently doing a project for school and i need some user input on a digital protractor.

the project is to apply ergonomics to the device with out changing its size.

so what im asking is what problems do any of you see with using a digital protractor?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Needs to have a wide enough base that it won't easily tip over sideways. Also a magnetic strip built into the base. Good back-lighting so it can be read in sunlight.

An added feature would be some way to read it from the end, without having to return to the side each time from a material adjustment point out past the protractor. What I mean is that if you are pivoting a piece the protractor is sitting on, you'll seldom be standing in front of the side readout when you do that. So you have to have someone standing there, reading it to you if you do not have a TOTALLY trustworthy and LOUD tone system built in.

#4 ·
Thanks Willie T! that's some awesome input.

just out of curiosity, what would you use this tool specifically for?

Matt
Well, it's not very exotic... mostly drainage runoffs (pipes, gutters, form boards for ramps, sidewalks and driveways... garage floor setups... quickly finding roof angles... exterior step water shed deviations (Trying to read the relationship of a level's bubble to the tube lines just doesn't make it.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.