Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-11-2007, 10:45 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

I Am Confused About Composite Dek Boards

Can Anyone Out There Tell Me The Best Composite Dek Board Thats On The Market. The Problem With The Internet Is Every Product That I Researched There Always Something Wrong . I Was Looking At Trex And Then So Some Bad Negatives On This Product Fading,screws Popping Out,then I Looked At Timbertech And Found This Was A Bad Product Fading Occured At 3 Months Looked Horrible.someone Mentioned Tandeck I Couldnot Find Much Info About This Product. Anyone Out Ther With Experiance Using Any Composite Decking . Thanks Boots

boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 0

I Am Confused About Composite Dek Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Can Anyone Out There Tell Me The Best Composite Dek Board Thats On The Market. The Problem With The Internet Is Every Product That I Researched There Always Something Wrong . I Was Looking At Trex And Then So Some Bad Negatives On This Product Fading,screws Popping Out,then I Looked At Timbertech And Found This Was A Bad Product Fading Occured At 3 Months Looked Horrible.someone Mentioned Tandeck I Couldnot Find Much Info About This Product. Anyone Out Ther With Experiance Using Any Composite Decking . Thanks Boots

The problem with Composite decking is that it is still a relatively 'newer' product and has yet to stand the real test (the test of time).... There are many happy customers now and many customers that love the composite decks that we have installed. The question is if they will still be happy with the composite product next year? in 5 years? in 10 + years?

There are many opinions out there, as there are also many manufactures, and many 'guaranteed' claims by manufacturers.

Here is an interesting article:

http://www.gardenstructure.com/composite_decking.html

FWIW: This is a product that the home owner wanted us to use on the last deck we squeezed in right before this winter:

http://www.gardenstructure.com/composite_decking.html

Nice product. Looks great, cuts great, installed great and cleaned up great. Used color-matched trim head stainless screws.

The entire deck's exterior components are painted aluminum columns, vinyls, and composites:

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 03-11-2007 at 01:05 PM.
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote