Help Please With Wooden Frame Around Freezer. - Carpentry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help please with wooden frame around freezer.

Building a "Keezer" (kegerator made out of chest freezer). I am copying what someone has posted on another forum and have no idea how this individual was able to add the wood stained trim around the lid and rolling base so that no screws or splotches are visible.

Here is the base that I have already completed. Now I need to add trim and counter top for the lid.

This is how the base fits under the freezer.

Here is the first picture of the bottom trim. This is what I need to know. How did he connect the trim to the base without any screws or brackets visible? Did he just glue it?

Same question here. I can manage the middle counter top, but what are those splotches of white around the wood. Looks like he maybe drilled screw in and covered them? What I also dont get is what he used to stain it so that you cannot see the splotches at all in the final stained photo

I also do not know how he got the countertop so flush against the wood. Its almost flawless.

Here is the full album if more pics will help.

Advertisement

skipe99 is offline   Reply With Quote