Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help finding replacement Drawer Slide hardware

Hello,

I'm looking for some help finding replacement hardware for some 1960's(?) kitchen cabinet drawer slides.

I've looked at all the local & box hardware stores, as well as many online distributers with no luck.

I've never seen drawers like this with rounded bottoms (see pictures below). There are several of them missing, and because of the way the cabinets and drawers are constructed, there is no way (good) to change the type of glide.

They are made of nylon, and if anyone can tell me where to get replacements, I'll be very gateful!!

jrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Weird and kind cool at the same time. But it almost looks like you could replace it with a typical roller glide. Is the drawer width exactly an inch smaller than the opening then you should be able to use them. You'll have to do some figuring as to where you would need to place them on the face frame and drawer, but ,assuming the size is correct, shouldn't be entirely too hard with a little thinking.

sausagefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

It looks like a typical drawer guide wheel with a spacer. If you can't find it, make one up. Buy a set of cheap drawer guides and remove the wheels. Find a cylidrical base with the diameter of the plastic piece and cut it to the same length. Drill out the middle for a screw. Attach it to the frame with a finish drywall screw.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
Extreme DIY'r Adk's, NY

Rewards Points: 250

what diameter are the wheels? check this site...otherwise new slides would work.

http://wwhardware.com/showimage.cfm/...ctid/T0900%20K
crecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #5

Im looking for the exact same slide rollers. I have a apartment complex full the those drawers. If I find something Ill post it.
apt_super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #6

My parents have the same type of drawer rollers. Has anyone found a replacement or came up with a good idea for fixing these?
unlucky58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky58 View Post
My parents have the same type of drawer rollers. Has anyone found a replacement or came up with a good idea for fixing these?
Didn't you like any of the posted solutions?
Ron
Old 10-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #8

They are all good suggestions but I don't see how they would work in this case. The original rails are built into the drawers. The only good answer is to find new rollers or try and make replacement rollers. Here are pictures of a roller. Does anyone know what they are called? I cannot find them by searching the web or at a local cabinet store.
Attached Thumbnails
Help finding replacement Drawer Slide hardware-img_0301_1.jpg   Help finding replacement Drawer Slide hardware-img_0302_1.jpg  
Old 10-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky58 View Post
They are all good suggestions but I don't see how they would work in this case. The original rails are built into the drawers. The only good answer is to find new rollers or try and make replacement rollers. Here are pictures of a roller. Does anyone know what they are called? I cannot find them by searching the web or at a local cabinet store.
Sometimes exact replacements are not to be found. But many times drawer boxes are ameanable to other hardware.
Ron
Old 10-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #10

Since, I could not find any replacement rollers I decided I would make new ones reusing the original metal dowel. I used bi-fold door nylon bushings for the roller. I cut what was left of the original roller off the dowel. I then put the dowel in a drill press and used a file and sand paper to remove the lip that held the original roller on the dowel. I had to cut a little of the 3/8 in. diameter collar off of the new roller to make it fit better. I originally drilled the dowel on the first one and tapped it to hold the new roller on. I later found it worked better just putting the roller on with nothing holding it on the dowel. This works OK because the drawer will hold the roller on the dowel. See link below for the nylon bushings I used: If any questions I will try and answer them as best I can.

http://www.wgsonline.com/glass/SLIDECO16894.html
Old 10-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #11

Correction to my last entry. Here is the correct part:

http://www.wgsonline.com/glass/SLIDECO16860.html