Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #1

Share |

frustrated with cabinet doors

We are preparing to start work on the trailer again now that its cooling off outside. This reminds me of our current predicament with my cabinet doors. As those of you who followed my project showcase thread will remember, we built our own cabinets and built our own doors. Everything is level and plumb no matter which way you put the level on it, so its not uneven-ness that it causing the problem.
My problem is the hinges. We have switched out the type twice and all of them do the same thing. Once they are on, straight, and secure, the door doesnít want to close. If we loosen the hinges, it bends the screw because the hinge wants to move with the door. Out of 12 doors, only two were able to attach firmly and close properly, and those two were attached the exact same way that the others were.
Can anyone offer any help?
Sorry I donít have any pics at the moment

The hinges are the type that has three screws that attach to the inside of the door and two screws that attach to the outside of the face frame. The ones they use in most old mobile homes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TrailerParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #2

frustrated with cabinet doors

It's called hinge binding.
Installing the hinge to far back from the edge or using the wrong sized offset are two common problems.