DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

frustrated with cabinet doors

996 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  joecaption 
#1 ·
We are preparing to start work on the trailer again now that its cooling off outside. This reminds me of our current predicament with my cabinet doors. As those of you who followed my project showcase thread will remember, we built our own cabinets and built our own doors. Everything is level and plumb no matter which way you put the level on it, so its not uneven-ness that it causing the problem.
My problem is the hinges. We have switched out the type twice and all of them do the same thing. Once they are on, straight, and secure, the door doesn’t want to close. If we loosen the hinges, it bends the screw because the hinge wants to move with the door. Out of 12 doors, only two were able to attach firmly and close properly, and those two were attached the exact same way that the others were.
Can anyone offer any help?
Sorry I don’t have any pics at the moment

The hinges are the type that has three screws that attach to the inside of the door and two screws that attach to the outside of the face frame. The ones they use in most old mobile homes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.