Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

face frames

I hope I can get some help for my project that I am starting. I am going to build a tall cabinet that will fit in a corner in a finished basement that has a small sump pump box all ready built and in place. The cabinet will be a curio for my fire service memorbillia. I have a couple of doors that I have cut the panels out and repalced with glass. The sides of the cabinet that are exposed will have one door as a side that will be a fixed. The other door will function and be the other side of my corner cabinet. My delima is with the sides of the cabinet that fit into the corner I plan to make from 3/4 inch plywood with a rabitted top plate of 3/4 as well. My doors are 1 3/8 inch thick. If my face frame is that thick will it cause a problem? I want the doors to be inset. I hope my discription makes sense.

swoop

swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,030

face frames

Depending on your hinge you may need to thicken the face frame.
Can you draw a pic as post it

mae-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

face frames

Actually, 1-3/8" is the same as an interior door so the hinges should not be an issue. I am guessing this movable door is not very wide. Just as a narrow closet door, you will have to put more bevel on the interior corner of the knob side of the door so that back edge doesn't hit the jamb or, in your case, the cabinet face frame.
MNsawyergp is offline   Reply With Quote