Exterior rot area concerns - Seattle, WA
I have serious surface (paint) issue on siding. I do have some area rotting and will need replacement on siding.
Paint company I am thinking of using advised striping 2 sides of house and do normal paint process.
We have original wood windows and need condition of wood frame seems ok. We have 30 windows and can paint job save windows from replacing?
I do have confidence in current paint company on workmanship.
But my most concern is two areas rotting. Cost by paint company wasn't cheap. But they have in house carpenters and will come and repair .
Because we are separating job, seems cost is much more than expected.
Do yo think it is okay to let rot go until spring and do all at once?
Or is it better to address this now?
Seattle weather is wet and we are starting to have rain and how much rain this winter is unknown, but would love to hear some good input from specialist.
As with many rot repairs, you may open up a can of worms. Find the cause of the rot to make sure the repair doesn't fail.
I would take care of the rot sooner rather than later, think of it as the longer you wait the more it will cost...
if you have confidence in the painting company then let their carpenter's take care of the repairs. Just be aware that with rot repair sometimes there can be unexpected surprises, little bit of extra work that will need to be done.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.|