Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-16-2006, 11:08 AM   #1
Ira

Share |

Drywall to stone transition

I have self taught myself to frame and drywall a 25 foot wall that I am fairly happy with. However, my drywall edge ends at an uneven decorative stone wall. I had anticipated caulking the edge, but now think otherwise due to the gaps approaching 1/2".

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to eliminate this uneven space with an attractive transition? My lack of experience has stymied me. I have some carpentry skills (moulding, framing, etc.) and have thought about scribing trim to the wall, but this seems like a questionable approach.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

IraF16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
IHI

Drywall to stone transition

Just use hot mud on the lil joint between the sheetrock and the rocks, keep a wet rag handy to wipe up any excess mud that gets on the rocks so it's not so hard to clean later.

Or get crazy and break out the quickie saw and cut the rock wall straight and level, then insert a piece of J trim on the outter edge of the drywall and butt it up and then caulk the fine line