DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Carpentry (
-   -   dawn (

dawneegirl 12-15-2011 02:11 PM

I have purchased a replacement sink that's too small for the existing opening (laminate counter) by about 2 inches. any ideas?

oldhouseguy 12-15-2011 02:22 PM

Two ideas come to mind...

1. Take it back.

2. Take it back.

dawneegirl 12-15-2011 02:27 PM

can't, custom drilled faucet hole.

DexterII 12-15-2011 02:30 PM


Originally Posted by oldhouseguy (Post 794758)
Two ideas come to mind...

1. Take it back.

2. Take it back.

It's this or buy a new counter top.

woodworkbykirk 12-15-2011 08:44 PM

why is the new sink too small. who measured it.. if the store measured it and its wrong they have to take the hit.. if they argue ask for a manager.. if you measured it and its wrong... well your out the money of the sink or you put in a new countertop

joecaption 12-15-2011 08:48 PM

There is no such thing as a hole shrinker or a sink expander, so the ansewer is take it back.

ben's plumbing 12-15-2011 08:52 PM

may be we missed something...TAKE IT BACK...GET RIGHT SINK...OH KNOW WE DIDN'T.....TAKE IT BACK..

dawneegirl 12-16-2011 07:52 AM

These are not the answers I wanted, but they are the answers I expected. Thanks to all. FYI....can't take it back -internet order, I measured, my fault, does anyone want to buy a good sink? lol

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.