DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Covered front porch deck leaking

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  smileydave 
#1 ·
:) Have tried stopping the water leak where the covered deck meets the mobile home. Been leaking since I built it a long time back.
Has also caused a short in the wall from where I installed a covered outside outlet a long while back but got that fixed.
Have tried black roof cement & silicone with a piece of tin running across it but won't stop it completely.
Have heard that sticky tape suppost to work great but how do you apply it with all those ridges on the top roof panel's?
Was told you have to apply the tape then apply the rubber cement over that.
Have some seams on the roof too that need to be sealed as well using the tape but that shouldn't be a problem applying it to that since it's flat.
It's a v-roof design roof.
Need to get the darn thing sealed before the hard winter creeps up on me this winter.

Made the mistake when I connected it too low at the edge of the mobile home with a 2x6 runner. Water causes a puddle along the lenth of it.
It's a 12 X 16 ft. porch & does have a 12 degree slant to let the water run off it.

Thank's for any tips on sealing it properly would be nice.
Looks like a big mess now with all that black roof cement on it.
David:wink:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
No amount of goop or sticky tape will correct the problem. Obviously your roof to wall or roof to roof connection was not done properly from the start since you say it’s always leaked. Your description doesn’t give enough info to visualize exactly what you have going on there. Posting a couple of pictures would help.

#3 ·
Sorry!:(
I thought I explained it good enough.
Simple porch to edge of trailer joined together leaking where they meet.
Maybe I should have put sealer between the two when joining the porch to trailer in the first place.
I do intend on uploading some pics as soon as I can afford to get another camera.

I have those wavy roof panels where the tape might have a problem applying the tape down in the lower parts of the panel's.
The water leaks down through the edge of the trailer down the wall of outer panel's.

Removed portions of the old gutter to install the porch.
The gutter's cause a problem when they get full of debris around the rest of the trailer.
Have to clean them out all the time to keep water from building up.
Thinking of removing them all soon & reseal the top portion of the trailer.
I'll post some pics later on my problem.
Thank's!
David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.