DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Closet Vanity ideas needed

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  mae-ling 
#1 ·
Hello. I am trying to make building plans to make a vanity for my wife. The size I am looking to make is 30 inches in height, 47 inches wide, 24 inches depth.

The closet is 15 feet by 15 feet so it's big but the space I have for where I want to put the vanity is limited. Sketched out a design... My wife said she wants drawers or at least shelfs. I like to build things with a modern twist. I am stuck in this because my design didn't have shelving. Counter top will be glass mosaic tile.

#4 ·
If you key word "vanity on any search engine and look under images, thousands of ideas should pop up.
Ikea has lot of modern looking vanitys on there site.
I'm not to keen on the glass tiles idea for a top. Way to may grout lines to clean and leak under the sink.

#5 ·
Hello. I am trying to make building plans to make a vanity for my wife. The size I am looking to make is 30 inches in height, 47 inches wide, 24 inches depth.

The closet is 15 feet by 15 feet so it's big but the space I have for where I want to put the vanity is limited. Sketched out a design... My wife said she wants drawers or at least shelfs. I like to build things with a modern twist. I am stuck in this because my design didn't have shelving. Counter top will be glass mosaic tile.
Is this a wet or dry vanity?
Will it be used seated or standing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.