Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 AM   #1

Share |

Closet organizer

I have a closet 8ft by 4 ft wide. I would like to install those closet maid shelves, two of them. One on top with shelve for shirts, and the lower one for pants. Is there a height you guys usually install these shelves? Or do I just measure the shirts and pants and go with that? Thanks
helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 AM   #2

Closet organizer

Most of the "kits" that I've installed come with directions as to where to install them. If you're just buying the bare-bones shelves and hardware, maybe take a peak at one of the kits and jot down the measurements, or if they have one set up in the store, go to the hardware aisle and grab a tape measure and take a quick measurement.

I've got one of the closet systems that I've been procrastinating on installing. If you want I can tear the box open tonight and grab some measurements off of the instructions for you.

Eric
perpetual98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #3

Closet organizer

I wouldn't open that box perpetual98, you'll know what you'll have to do this weekend.
47_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #4

Closet organizer

Good thinking. I think I've already been tasked with painting the living room this weekend. I do believe my "awake" time this weekend is already linked to the Honey-Do list and my two daughters attention.
perpetual98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #5

Closet organizer

I'll try to get measurements from the store box, but if you get them please post. I bought the bare bones, because it came out better, I am doing 5 closets not just one. The kits alone don't bring enough support brackets, and since one closet (linen) will have 5-6 shelves, I figure buying the bare bones was the best way. I can cut everything to exact measurements. Thanks,

Last edited by helpless handyman; 11-09-2007 at 11:12 AM.
helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote