DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Cabinet Hinges ... Again

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  myowneq 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've built my bathroom sink cabinet, got it all put together, granite, plumbing, all that's left are the doors and the drawer fronts.

Wife and I selected some premade doors with matching drawer fronts. I know I want the European hinges, but as this is my intro to cabinet making / figure it out session before I do the kitchen, I need help.

This is what I'm getting for the doors....

http://www.cabinetnow.com/squared-raised-panel/juanita-s-panel/juanita-s-panel-select-red-oak

Under the options, it list a prebore for the hinges. The options are cup only, or cup & dowel. Also, each of those has a 3mm or 6mm offset.

My cabinet has a face of 1 1/2" wide x 3/4" deep. The doors will only be able to open 90-120* due to the walls.

Can you help me select which hinge is best for my application?

Thanks,
Timothy

See less See more
#2 ·
How much is the overlay? (how big is the opening--how big is the door?)

Look at the hinge setback---most common have the door overlay 1/2" larger than the opening---on all sides--

Go to a hardware site for a drawing---or go next door to Woodworking Talk---(Link at bottom of the page)---Mike--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.