Building Washer And Dryer Countertop - Carpentry - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Building washer and dryer countertop

Here is my dilemma,

I am trying to figure out how to place 2x3s on the wall to support my bamboo countertop.

1. floor is slightly graded and the back of the washer and dryer is higher then the front of the washer and dryer and the left side is lower than the right side. How do I measure the back. the back brace is level but the left side is 40 1/2 and the right side is 40 3/4. Do I leave it level or adjust the right side to 40 1/2?

2. I am using a 1/2 inch white board attached to the right side of the wall as support for the countertop. How do I cut the board. Do I use the 40 3/4 measurement from the back wall right side and then use a level or put a piece of 2x4 against the wall right side wallBuilding washer and dryer countertop-20150513_105509-1-.jpg and use a level to level it and go with that measurement?

My DIY idea is put the whiteboard against the right wall then put the countertop on the back support and use a level to level the countertop and draw a line underneath the countertop onto the whiteboard. is there an easier way?

thanks for any help

Advertisement

railroader66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:25 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 348

Both the washer and dryer should be leveled using the adjustable feet on the bottom before you start your project.

Advertisement

Dave Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Sal For This Useful Post:
Hick (05-13-2015), mae-ling (05-13-2015)
Old 05-13-2015, 11:45 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 646

Agreed with dave. You can level the washer/dryer by adjusting the feet on the bottom of it. That is what they are their for.

That said, if you really dont need or care about it being level. you can just have it un-level.

Or if you dont want to bother leveling your appliances, you can simply build it level to the higher appliance & have a 1/2" gap under the other 1.

Or you can put shim board under the countertop on the lower side to make it level.

Simplest option & to give the best appearance would just be to level your appliances.
Hick is offline   Reply With Quote