Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Building a Freestanding Wardrobe,,,

Hey

So I'm at this weird place in life. Have to drop all my standards and move into a really basic place. Ah, I'm fine with it. The only thing is I want to convert this dump into something atleast a little comfortable. One of my many ideas is to build a warddrobe/cupboard. I refuse to buy one because I am not willing to pay someone for something that I can do....they're so expensive for me right now...

The question is, where on earth do I begin... We had classes in school where we learnt to build things but at 25 I can't remember any of it....

Please please please help me... I've tried looking on the internet but it's confusing me because I don't understand so much... I would like to know about materials, tools and design....

Thanks for your time
Ketan...waiting anxiously...

Ketan_Nagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Alright...I'm a sucker...give me some pics (if you can)...and some dimensions....

J

Jay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Hey Jay...

Thanks for replying... So you want dimensions, as in the width, height and depth that I would like the cupboard to be....? Please give me some guidance. Also when you asked for pictures I presume you meant pictures of the space that I plan to put the cupboard into... Well, I haven't moved into the new place yet, but will be on the first of June....

Sorry to sound like a coplete twat, but I'm totally new to this... Need lots of guidance..
Ketan_Nagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

Hi Ketan

If you can post a couple pics of the room with the dimensions of the area you are looking to place the wardrobe and some dimensions that you would like for the wardrobe itself I could draw something up for you. (after you move in, of course).

I can do it without pics, but it's more fun with them, like in this thread:

Need crown install expertise (pic's)

As long as no one expects me to draw a full bar, kitchen, ect, (that is what I get paid for ), I can draw up small projects as time allows.

J
Jay123 is offline   Reply With Quote