Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-31-2008, 11:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

build secure three sided partition

I am looking to build a three sided partition wall that will not reach the ceiling in a commercial space using metal studs.Two sides will have viewing windows.One side an open doorway.What is the best way to ensure stability so there will be no movement of the walls?

kevinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
BUILDER / REMODELING CONT

Rewards Points: 1,000

your going to have movement no matter what you try by the door openings. Thekctermite had the best way of securing a half wall in another post, by running the studs down into the floor cavity and fixing them to the floor joists or some blocking, but being its a commercial building i am thinking concrete floor. They do sell these office cubicles that you described. BOB

buletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Assuming you're dealing with a concrete floor, I would suggest having some steel brackets fabricated by a welder. They'd bolt to the floor, would be at least 3 or 4 feet tall, and would secure to the sides of the at the ends of the wall, and perhaps one or two in the middle of the wall. Otherwise, there's little chance of getting the wall stabilized unless the three sides of the partition have enough footprint to stabilize it as a unit.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote