Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Carpentry

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #1

Share |

basement wall's

I will have to build my wall in the unfinished basement I have the 4 foot keen wall insulated but the concrete wall will also need insulation . Do I need to build the stud wall first before the insulation?
Any info of how I would start studding? How many inches from the concrete wall? Then PT where wood meet's cement , do I lay a barrier under the the PT wood on the floor ? and stud 2x4 every 16 inches for MA code. Any good book's or DVD to get, Will post Pic's later and will start I hope my spring due to leg injury but would like to get much info and pic's to see how I would need to start.

Thank you.

bote110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #2

basement wall's

a search of the forum will provide you with multiple postings on how to finish a basement.

you need to check with your town as it relates to insulation requirements. some town have adopted the Massachusetts Stretch Energy Code which have a greater insulation requirement than the Massachusetts Building Code requires. I point this out as 2x4 studs may or may not provide you with the space for batt insulation that would be needed to meet your R-value requirements.

Good luck!

"You get what you pay for, and sometimes free costs more!"
GBrackins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #3

basement wall's

I ask my contractor when insulated the knee wall and ceiling what the R value was to use for the concrete wall when I start and said 21 R, I believe , I sprayed the walls with the R value number with bright Green so I wouldn't forget . But I broke my upper Tibia and no weight bearing at all for a long time {since June 1st} I will not get to it until next year .
bote110 is offline   Reply With Quote