DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Vista vs. XP--burning a CD

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Wildie 
#1 ·
I burned pictures of a birthday party from my camera's card, and her card to a CD at her house. Her laptop uses Vista. After burning, I removed the CD, replaced it to check to see if it recorded the pictures, and it did. After I got home I tried to view the CD on my laptop using XP. When I opened the CD I got the folder as I had labeled it, but no pictures, and no messages. When I checked "Properties" it shows there is something recorded on the CD. I called my sister to have her check the CD I made for her when I made mine, hers works, and has the same amount of recorded memory. Could there be something different between Vista and XP which would not allow me to view this file and/or photos? Thanks, David

#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Yep. Sounds to me like you removed the burned CD before it was configured to work on other machines. It will probably work on your sister's machine but maybe not on yours. I don't use the drag and drop CD utilities in either Vista or XP anymore. They suck especially because they don't tell you to wait.

Try something like Nero or one of the many open source products for burning CDs. You will like them much better. I think Nero still has a freeware version for basics? The open source stuff is all free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.