Samsung Cell Phone Ring Tones - PC Repairs & Upgrades - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Jack of all Trades

Rewards Points: 77

Samsung cell phone ring tones

Anyone have experience downloading or transferring a ringtone/mp3 file to a Samsung cell
Phone? I can make an audio file into almost any file format but I haven't the slightest how to transfer it to the phone. This isn't my phone it's for my dad who wants a specific sound he can't just buy. Too bad he won't just get an iPhone, I can't handle that.

The Samsung model is an SCH-U320

Thanks!
Al

Advertisement

lifestooshort81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,182

Moved to PC /electronics section----

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Haven't tried that yet but that's my next attempt. Just got a Galaxy S3.

Have you tried the app Zedge? You may be able to just find the song you're looking for there in ringtone form, it's pretty extensive (and free).
markx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

You probably figured this all out by now but I will post for others.

Look in the Android play store for all kinds of free and cheap apps for creating, downloading, and tweaking ringtones. Many will turnkey the whole process for you. Just follow the menus.

If your audio editing needs are greater, Audacity is a great multi-purpose audio editing suite that is free, open source and cross platform. In its basic implementation it is easy to use and straightforward. You can make it do as complex things as you want. It will let you capture sounds/music, edit to length, and export (through custom or preset filters if you want) to a variety of output formats including those for ringtones. AIMP players and utilities are also worth looking at if you do not like Audacity for some reason. They are free also.

There are also a plethora of ringtone making software products for PCs out there for around $20 that will turnkey everything for you. I find them gimmicky and unnecessary but if they make it work for you? Go for one. I suspect they come with a trial period that may get your Dad's ringtone accomplished.

It is not complicated to upload sounds/tunes for ringtones to your phone though.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote