Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2010, 05:51 AM   #1

Share |

Problem with USB Optical Mouse

I have a wired USB optical mouse and seemingly every second time I turn the PC on, the mouse will not work. Without turning off the PC I simply remove the plug from the USB port and put it back. Whoooohooo..."found new USB device". Then it works fine until the next or the next time I boot up.
I have 6 USB ports and no matter which one I try, it will eventually give me the same problem. This does not happen with any of my other USB devices, just the mouse. Any suggestions or is it time for a new mouse.? Thanks.

polarzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Doer of Many Things

It's probably a quirk between the mouse and motherboard. My girlfriend has a Razor Diamondback and so do I. Her old computer would intermittently do the exact same thing. Mine has never had a problem. Since I rebuilt her PC she has had no issues with the mouse.

poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I am going to change the mouse and see it that helps. The MB is relatively new so I am not planning to replace it soon.

EDIT. NOV. 24.....for future readers, it seems the problem was the mouse.

Last edited by polarzak; 11-24-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Additional info.
polarzak is offline   Reply With Quote