Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Jack of all Trades

Share |

printing from an iPhone

Anyone have experience setting up a printer to work from your iPhone? I have a networkable color laser and wondered if I could set this up to print from my phone. Do I need a particular "app"???

Thanks!

lifestooshort81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #2

printing from an iPhone

I've done it with an Android. Cool feature. The instructions are with the printer manual. Its easy if I recall it correctly. If you have "lost" the manual there should be instructions are the printer inself.

You will set up a network and then when you want to use that wireless print feature you will select the network printer whether from your phone or laptop

creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #3

printing from an iPhone

For an iPhone/iPad, you need an AirPrint compatible printer or have the printer connected to a PC or server that supports AirPrint.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356
djlandkpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #4

printing from an iPhone

ideally if you want to print from an idevice you should go for an airprint enabled printer as mentioned in the previous posts
some printers do have free printing apps but i don[t know what make your printer is
another option, especially if you dont have airprint, is to go on the app store and look for printing apps = the one i use is print n share
DIYchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DIYchick1 For This Useful Post:
pure3882 (03-26-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #5

printing from an iPhone

Some printers out there (the one I know of is an HP) have the capacity to work with "print via email" So basically they set up an email address and will print any attachment that you send to that email. Obviously there are some limitations with that, but it might be worth it if you don't want to deal with software workarounds, or buying a whole new printer.
AJPLeBlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #6

printing from an iPhone

I use a program called FingerPrint that runs on my pc and exposes any printer as an AirPrint printer. It works great and the one times had an issue with it they responded quickly with the answer. The only downside is your system needs to be on, but I have a windows home server that's always on so I put it there

zolakk is offline   Reply With Quote