Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #1

Share |

my laptop battery cause I need it in case my power cuts out

I don't want Vista to automatically charging my laptop battery cause I need it incase my power cuts out. If it charges it when it is at 100%, then more power will be lost i think.

laptopxwjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #2

I removed the battery from my laptop.

PoleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Retired from the grind

The battery only charges while on power, and when it is needed. In other words, if you unhook from A/C, then plug back in, the battery will be charged, and not charged any further.

Most batteries will only last 2 maybe 3 hours, unless you have a SSD drive installed, then you may get around 6. I can get 18 hours out of my netbook with the SSD drive in it. If I need to charge it, I can take it out to our van and plug into the a/c plug in it.

Also with power outages, goes no Internet.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!

My Toshiba will not run without a battery in it---charged or not.

Newer batteries do not have the memory issues old ones did. Manufacturers do still recommend you fully charge a battery the first time before using the device---laptop, cell phone, etc. I guess as a creature of habit, I fully drain my laptop battery now and then. Two hours or so is what it delivers and did when I got it.

The little netbook and tablet things are incredible, in comparison, as far as battery life. As mentioned, even with wireless internet, the towers will probably go dead if power to your area is out.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote