Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150

Muratec MFX-1430 copier problems

I just recently got a Muratec MFX-1430 copier off a friend and the only way I can get it to print anything is if I use the bypass tray on the side. Anytime it tries to grab paper out of the cassette, it says open side cover and remove paper. There's no paper jam anywhere. Sometimes it works this way and other times it just gives me the alarm. The bypass tray works flawlessly every time.

romex1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

I would post up here: http://www.muratec.com:10080/forum_topics.asp?FID=22

Or call the MFG support line.

I wasn't able to find the specific issue on that forum, but they might know exactly what's up..

AJPLeBlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AJPLeBlanc For This Useful Post:
romex1220 (09-09-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
DIY Resident Tech Support

Rewards Points: 10

I have experienced this issue a few times with various printers I have been asked to repair.

Often times I find that the roller is slightly ajar which does not allow it to get a solid grip on the paper. Other times it may be the rollers are too close and actually touch at one point and the unit does not feel a "pull" as it simply guides along the other roller.

Sadly printers are poorly designed in that they do not truly communicate their faults, errors, etc. in a way that would allow for better troubleshooting.

If you dont feel either of the above are the cause, you could try grabbing a copy of the driver/software disc for your machine at the official site here and look for Printer/Scanner Monitor when installing. This should provide better insight into what is happening.

Hope this checks out. Let me know how it goes.

Good luck !
daro is offline   Reply With Quote