Jucheck.exe - PC Repairs & Upgrades - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 500

jucheck.exe

I think that is the name of an update this thing keeps asking permission to install. I believe it claims to be a jave update. Thing is, it says origin- hard drive this computer Puplisher-unknown

Comments?

Advertisement

boman47k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

jucheck.exe

http://www.file.net/process/jucheck.exe.html

Advertisement

cellophane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #3

jucheck.exe

Heheh, can you tell me what I might be clicking on?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

jucheck.exe

Description: File jucheck.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 241,775 bytes (60% of all occurrence), 241,777 bytes, 241,772 bytes, 251,648 bytes, 237,679 bytes, 329,104 bytes, 272,024 bytes, 325,008 bytes.
There is an icon for this program on the taskbar next to the clock. File jucheck.exe is not a Windows core file. The application uses ports to connect to LAN or Internet. Therefore the technical security rating is 31% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

it's the java updater.
cellophane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

jucheck.exe

.....or a virus disguised as such.

DM
Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #6

jucheck.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
.....or a virus disguised as such.

DM

I guess that is my concern since it says Puplisher Unknown. I'm nnot sure I ever let it uodate. I think maybe I have. It is very persistant!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
the Musigician

jucheck.exe

I'd play it safe and just delete it, then go to java dot com and update from there.

DM
Old 04-30-2010, 06:52 AM   #8
Doer of Many Things

Rewards Points: 526

jucheck.exe

Go to control panel and open the Java Control. Disable automatic updates and it should disappear. You can also click the update button in the panel to invoke an update manually.
poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #9
Geek for Hire

Rewards Points: 75

jucheck.exe

It's just the Java Update scheduler. Uncheck it as mentioned above.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
the Musigician

jucheck.exe

Now this is odd, the EXACT same thing happened to my son at college, and their ITs called him in because it was a VIRUS!!! They thought he had clicked a link to 'something' and it was infecting the school. He says a window popped up saying it was scanning and had found worms, and he was trying to help. A popup window for anti-virus in your browser????
My advise to you is to do thorough scans with as many REAL anti-virus programs as you have at your disposal.

DM
Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #11
(the original)

Rewards Points: 642

jucheck.exe

It's a trojan using simulated Java files to sneak by your AV. Been a lot of that garbage around the last couple years. Start up in safe mode, download free versions of Malwarebytes and CCleaner, run those a couple times and see if it helps.
I had one of these get by McAfee about a year ago. Downloaded Spyware Doctor and it did a good job of cleaning things up. I run it full time now and haven't had anything else get past it. I plan to try their full AV in a couple months when my McAfee subscription runs out. If it's as good as the spyware program it'll be a keeper.
ratherbefishin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #12

Rewards Points: 150

jucheck.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by boman47k View Post
I think that is the name of an update this thing keeps asking permission to install. I believe it claims to be a jave update. Thing is, it says origin- hard drive this computer Puplisher-unknown

Comments?
I've gotten that exact thing several times on my 4 month old Win7 Desktop. I run the update and all is well. It's a Java update as already noted. Counting on Kaspersky to keep my world safe. And whenever I encounter a file name...exe or otherwise..that I need to get info on....just google the file name...you'll find all you need to know and more.
piste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #13

jucheck.exe

I went to java.com and did a dlownload. It did a removal and install. I still got this thing trying to get me to let it update.

My main concern is "Puplisher Unknown". Why would it have this stated? This my laptop. I have it connected via a wireless modem. My desktop, to my knowledge, does not get this update attempt. They are are different systems though.

Another thing, my mcafee was updating evryday for a few days at least once. Lost one desktop icon and the one remaining is a darker color.

I know a while back mcafee had some problems as did the other forums, maybe this one too. Mcafee caught the trojan everytime that was attempting to enter my system.

May be time to take this thing and have it scanned by pros.

Advertisement

Last edited by boman47k; 05-03-2010 at 03:43 PM.