Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,543
Share |
Default

Having a bad day with sound card...


I have an Auzentech prelude 7.1 sound card. Ive had popping issues and though it was irq...it isn't. Or at least doesn't look so.
Attached Thumbnails
Having a bad day with sound card...-new-bitmap-image-3-.jpg  

rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Doer of Many Things
 
poppameth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,163
Default

Having a bad day with sound card...


Have you installed the latest drivers for it, including the Alchemy drivers? You do have Vista I believe, based on another post. Also, X-Fi cards have always had some issues with popping and cracking. Look through the reviews on Newegg and you'll see plenty of complaints about this. It could just be the chipset itself.

poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,543
Default

Having a bad day with sound card...


Quote:
Originally Posted by poppameth View Post
Have you installed the latest drivers for it, including the Alchemy drivers? You do have Vista I believe, based on another post. Also, X-Fi cards have always had some issues with popping and cracking. Look through the reviews on Newegg and you'll see plenty of complaints about this. It could just be the chipset itself.

The chipset is an Nvidia 790i ultra sli.

In Windows Xp, I don't get this problem.

Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Yep, Ive been waiting for a new release sometime soon.

The sound card shares the same memory address as pci to pci bridge.
rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,543
Default

Having a bad day with sound card...


I have fixed the issue (only in directsound3d) By using Alchemy.

Seems to be that new Windows Vista sound api.

I hate you Windows Vista
rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
Doer of Many Things
 
poppameth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,163
Default

Having a bad day with sound card...


Yep, I'm looking at building a new rig with Vista 64 on it and I haven't even bothered including a sound card. Onboard is suppose to be very good on this board and work better with Vista than the X-Fi tech does.
poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,543
Default

Having a bad day with sound card...


Quote:
Originally Posted by poppameth View Post
Yep, I'm looking at building a new rig with Vista 64 on it and I haven't even bothered including a sound card. Onboard is suppose to be very good on this board and work better with Vista than the X-Fi tech does.

x-fi sounds great when it works.

What are you planning on doing? You might want to go for x86, not 64. 64 has some hassles with old software.
rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
Doer of Many Things
 
poppameth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 1,163
Default

Having a bad day with sound card...


I want 64 so I can stick more RAM in the machine. 32bit can only see about 3 GB. I'm planning to triple boot the machine anyway. I'll have Vista Ultimate 64, XP Pro 32, and Ubuntu Linux on it.
poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,543
Default

Having a bad day with sound card...


Quote:
Originally Posted by poppameth View Post
I want 64 so I can stick more RAM in the machine. 32bit can only see about 3 GB. I'm planning to triple boot the machine anyway. I'll have Vista Ultimate 64, XP Pro 32, and Ubuntu Linux on it.

I have the same triple boot, Vista 64, Xp 32 and Ubuntu 64.

4gigs of ddr3 ram rated 1600 mhz (only running at 1333)

64 works fine with my machine. Be sure to check if your parts are compatible.

rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
video card question Cuwillis PC Repairs & Upgrades 10 08-01-2008 06:08 PM
Soundproof Windows BlueJello General DIY Discussions 3 11-30-2007 05:34 PM
What makes a quiet window? Badfish740 Building & Construction 8 09-30-2007 10:22 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.