Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > PC Repairs & Upgrades

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #1

Share |

Facebook

i am kinda new to FB, just learning it.

but my first question is this. do you get Friend Requests from people you hardly now ? like people from high school that were friends of friends and you only knew their name, and them in passing.

i keep getting these. lots of people knew who i was, but didn't know me. but now they want to be my friend. i'm like wtf. i think they just want to up there count. i'm not like that.

Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #2

Facebook

When you sign up and enter data like your high school and year of graduation, or college, or hometown, facebook automatically alerts those with similar data and prompts them with "You may know" with your name and picture. Just click ignore and dismiss the friend requests from people you do not want to be friends with. They will not get notified that you refused the request.

IslandGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #3

Facebook

Yes you will get friend requests from all kinds of people. You can simply ignore them. You do not have to friend everyone who sends a request. I only friend family members.

You can also go into your security setting and set up so only friends can see your info. That way only people you have friended can see what you post.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #4

Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed View Post

You can also go into your security setting and set up so only friends can see your info. That way only people you have friended can see what you post.
yeah, thats what i do. but i have found there are different settings for friends family and acquaintances. i can stick those people there. i just have to figure out how to do it.
Fix'n it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #5

Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix'n it View Post
i am kinda new to FB, just learning it.

but my first question is this. do you get Friend Requests from people you hardly now ? like people from high school that were friends of friends and you only knew their name, and them in passing.

i keep getting these. lots of people knew who i was, but didn't know me. but now they want to be my friend. i'm like wtf. i think they just want to up there count. i'm not like that.

I get a few friend requests here and there from people I barely know. I tend to ignore them unless I actually want to re-connect with these people.

It's up to you who you accept. Just figure out the kinds of people you want to see in your newsfeed, and ignore everyone else.
larry613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:23 AM   #6

Facebook

You will also get complete strangers friend requests in facebook. Just not accept them and if they send requests again and again, just block them. There are lots of security settings in facebook.

arlenelm is offline   Reply With Quote