DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Uneven Studs and mounting a Flat Screen -Please Help!

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  gregzoll 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I just bought a 52" flat screen TV and tried to have the Geek Squad install it for me from Best Buy. But they were unable to do so because the Studs above the fireplace were uneven and they would not be able to use a wall mount. I am trying to find out if anyone has suggestions on how to mount the TV. I really don't want to mount it anywhere else because the room is so small but it is an apartment that I rent so I cannot do any major overhauls like getting into the wall. I thought about a mantle to set it on but am unsure what the weight limits on those are and if that will be safe for the TV. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!

#6 ·
Uneven as in "We do not have a Stud Finder or Tape measure.", or uneven as in "There is this huge wave along the wall." Sorry, but having Best Buy come into your home, or having one of their affiliates touch your stuff is just asking for trouble. I am guessing that the idiots at BB could not figure how to use their brains to find out from the end, then measure for On Center of each stud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.