Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Home Theater

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 234
Share |
Default

under cabinet TV's


My wife is excited about all the good deals in the paper for kitchen tv's.
You know the one under the cupboard "fold down"
She has always wanted one.
I warned her that these deals are because they will be out dated in 2009.
when HD tv take to the air's.
I really don't know if I'm right ? But to add a small tv and a large coverter above it sounds ridiculous. None of the ads say " HD ready "
Is there someone who can give some advise on this subject?

Thanks Deckhand

deck hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 103
Default

under cabinet TV's


You'd need the receiver. It doesn't have a tuner built in. I would suggest a dedicated 15" lcd TV vs a drop down. Drop downs typically have very small screen sizes. The larger screen drop downs are usually very pricey.

Bacardi 151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #3
Electrician
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Connecticut, Litchfield
Posts: 2,015
Default

under cabinet TV's


Quote:
Originally Posted by deck hand View Post
My wife is excited about all the good deals in the paper for kitchen tv's.
You know the one under the cupboard "fold down"
She has always wanted one.
I warned her that these deals are because they will be out dated in 2009.
when HD tv take to the air's.
I really don't know if I'm right ? But to add a small tv and a large coverter above it sounds ridiculous. None of the ads say " HD ready "
Is there someone who can give some advise on this subject?

Thanks Deckhand

HD is not taking over, (although I wish) they are just eliminating any analog signals, which will ONLY effect people that use an over the air antenna... Soooo, if you use CATV, Satellite, etc... you will never know it happened.

Digital is NOT the same as HD.

EDIT, I also agree with Barcardi 151's post as well, if no tuner than some sort of settop box is required... but most can be installed with an RF remote so that would solve your problem...

Last edited by chris75; 03-30-2008 at 10:27 AM.
chris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
Retired from the grind
 
gregzoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Midwest - Central Illinois
Posts: 13,969
Default

under cabinet TV's


They are not dated. Just make sure that it contains a ATSC/NTSC/QAM tuner, which most that have been sold since last year should have at least the min. a ATSC/NTSC tuner.
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 234
Default

under cabinet TV's


Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post
They are not dated. Just make sure that it contains a ATSC/NTSC/QAM tuner, which most that have been sold since last year should have at least the min. a ATSC/NTSC tuner.

Thanks guy's I'm going to "deep tech " this before I make any purchase

Deck hand
deck hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 234
Default

under cabinet TV's


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi 151 View Post
You'd need the receiver. It doesn't have a tuner built in. I would suggest a dedicated 15" lcd TV vs a drop down. Drop downs typically have very small screen sizes. The larger screen drop downs are usually very pricey.

Ok I see your new tv in an artical in the Detroit Free Press.
today 04/01/08 This is the way to go.
Sounds great execpt for the $ 400.00
The wife, will have to wait till they come down in price a bit more.
Thanks
Deck Hand

deck hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ventilation in equipment cabinet heavyduty Home Theater 4 01-26-2008 10:41 AM
Low Voltage Cabinet Lighting Recommendations BigJimmy Electrical 2 01-20-2008 01:01 PM
Installing kitchen cabinet in precise manner janny Carpentry 8 01-15-2008 10:59 PM
Odd Cabinet Gweneth General DIY Discussions 8 07-21-2007 11:33 PM
Crown mitre for Kit cabinet TonyD Carpentry 7 06-10-2007 03:39 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.