Theater Room Questions - Home Theater - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Do It Yourself > Home Theater

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2011, 02:30 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 156

Theater room Questions

Hey guys and gals. I am in the process of finishing my new theater room and I am really excited to get it done but I have some questions on how to run the Audio video equipment. I am solely working on the ceiling right now so as far as the speaker wires go I have that figured out and they will run through the walls. Now I have Dishnetwork currently and the box will be right under the projector screen. Currently where the dishnetwork comes into my house is about 40' away or so from where the box is going to go. I also have another dishnetwork box that is upstairs that I will not be tampering with at all. Now my question is: Since I obvously keep the location where it comes in the house at the same location, do I just need to run RG6 Quad shield from where the service comes in to the house over to the new box location which is the theater room? I am putting all my lines in schedule 40 pipe so I can pull new things through at a later date if I ever want or need to expand.

I think that is correct then I can run my 2 hdmi cables 1- for the actual dishnetwork and 1 for the blu-ray back to the projector. Then I run the component cables from the blu-ray/dishnetwork box area that will also house the Wii back to the projector.

Final question! Will there only be 1 RG6 cable in this entire configuration and that would be from the main inlet into the house----then to the box. I ask because I ran 3/4" pipe and 2 cables will not fit into the pipe. I am hoping and thinking it will just be the 1 main going to the box. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Theater room Questions-basement.jpg  

Advertisement

ryan5068 is offline   Reply With Quote