DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Silly problem with TV remote control

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bofusmosby 
#1 ·
Everything on the remote works just fine EXCEPT for the up/down sound adjustment button. I keep pointing the remote toward the TV at different angles, but it just won't work for some reason. Ever heard of this happening before??? By the way, the batteries are fine. In fact, I put new ones in just in case that was the problem.

#3 ·
I'm not sure if it's a universal remote or not (I'll check when I get home). But if it needs reprogrammed, wouldn't the other buttons be affected (channel, etc.) as well? Another thing I should have mentioned is that this problem had been getting progressively worse over time---from having to hit the sound button more and more times in order to get it to work, to how it is now---not working at all.

#4 ·
If it's been getting progressively worse, I'd say it's time to spring for a new remote. The contacts inside the remote may be getting burned or dirty.

For my universal remote, if I don't get the code correct for my specific TV, some but not all the buttons work. There can be several different codes for one brand of TV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.