DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Home Theater (
-   -   Fan in av cabinet. (

Bluestraveler 10-11-2011 09:15 PM

Fan in av cabinet.
I'm searching for a fan that I can cool the inside of an AV cabinet that has my cable box, AV receiver, DVD, and gaming system in it. Can anyone suggest a product that will do the job?

gregzoll 10-13-2011 01:57 AM

They make rack mounted cooling enclosures for what you are wanting.

Ironlight 10-13-2011 10:02 AM

Most people use computer case fans, the 120mm variety, to ventilate existing furniture AV cabinets. You can buy them pre-rigged for that very purpose or you can hook up your own if your handy with wiring.

These guys make a variety:

I would stick with 120mm if you have the space. They move more air and are quieter than the 80mm.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.